Friday, January 9, 2015

Initial Thoughts

Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting any sort of blog entry. The closest I have come to using anything like this is reading a friend's Live Journal back in the day. I am excited to learn how to incorporate technology into being the best Mental Health Professional I can be. I have a Facebook account and in middle school had a Myspace account, but other than that I have done my best to resist all of the new trends that have come about.

I have created a Tumblr and an Instagram at some point but do not use them at all. It has been a mini goal of mine to never ever Tweet as long as I live, although I realize I must succumb to the new times and embrace the new technology in order to stay current and relevant. Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and the ridiculous trend of hashtagging (it's a pound sign people) are here to stay, so I will do my best to incorporate these things into my professional life.

All of this will help me stay connected to my peers, friends, and to be accessible to people seeking Mental Health services. It will also help me learn from my colleagues and to share articles and new developments in the field. I am glad to finally enter into the 21st century and get up to date. I look forward to this semester and reading everyone's' posts!

-Sarah M.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog made me smile - especially the hash tagging comment. So true - and people hashtag to death. It's crazy. I hope that you will find a happy medium between being technologically crazy and completely unplugged, to find something that makes sense for you and the clients you will serve. :)

    ReplyDelete